igourmet Paneer (7.5 ounce)
- Buy New: $4.98
as of 12/14/2018 21:57 UTC details
Availability:Usually ships in 1-3 weeks
- Seller:Cheese Delicatessen
- Sales Rank:231,225
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.5
- Ships expedited in a reusable insulated cooler to ensure freshness
- Imported from India
- A traditional, full-fat, soft cheese used in Indian cooking
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Paneer is essential to 80% of India's diet
Paneer is a traditional, full-fat, soft cheese used in Indian cooking. The cow is sacred to the Hindus, so paneer is a quick-ripening cheese which is coagulated by the action of acid in milk and not by using rennet. This vegetarian cheese is pressed until the texture is firm, similar to tofu. A great source of protein, paneer makes an excellent meat substitute. As a result, paneer is essential to 80% of Northern India's diet and is in many of their recipes. The cheese maintains its body in cooking and takes on the flavors it is cooked with. Paneer can be used in a wide variety of sweet and savory dishes.
- Made from pasteurized cow's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 5 lb. form of cheese.
- We cut and wrap this item by hand.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.